PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
LAST UPDATE: MAY 2018
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope you enjoy the services offering by RSD Engineering Solutions SL.
WHO ARE WE?
RSD ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS SL. (from here on out RSD) is the Controller of the User's personal data, registered in the Barcelona Business Register, Tomo 45462, Folio 13, Hoja 488616, Inscripción 1, with CIF (Tax identification) number B-66809633 and registered at the address: C/Fenosa nº28, 08107 Martorelles, Barcelona.
RSD informs you that these data will be processed in accordance with the current personal data protection regulations for the purpose of which the following processing information is provided.
1. INTRODUCTION AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
RSD is a manufacturer of sterilization equipment and provides technology and engineering solutions primarily for the Medical Advice and Pharmaceutical industries worldwide. The company also has a 3D engineering division that provides engineering services, additive manufacturing with the Stratoconception® and Pack&Strat® process, and as well as the manufacturing of customized packaging for different sectors. The company is located in Spain.
RSD respects the privacy of its customers, trading partners, suppliers and employees, and is also committed to the protection of their personal data.
RSD (hereinafter, “us" or "we") states its commitment to protect the privacy of people or companies that request or acquire products or services of Company, of those who visit the Company websites and request information, and persons or companies that register to attend events organized by Company.
The term "client" or "Client" refers both to clients or new clients (potential) and to all the visitors to our website, people attending our fairs or conferences, and including all the marketing campaigns that are performed by RSD.
The privacy and data protection policy includes:
- Who we are.
- The most important aspects that you need to know about how we collect and use your personal data
- What personal data we collect about you
- How we use the personal data we collect about you
- What we do with your personal data
- Why and with whom we share your personal data
- Under what circumstances we can transfer your personal data abroad
- How we protect the security and confidentiality of your personal data
- The options and rights that you have available with respect to our use of your personal data
- How you can contact us about our privacy practices and to exercise your rights
2. THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECTS THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We collect and use your personal data to manage the relationship that we have with you, including answering your queries or complaints, informing you about our products and services, partners, promotions and events, managing and improving our websites and services, providing you with information on improvements to our products and services, responding to requests from the authorities, complying with our legal, accounting and tax contractual obligations, and for other legitimate business purposes.
RSD will not share, sell, rent or trade personal data to third parties for promotional purposes.
- If you give us your consent and, when required by law, we may use your personal data for promotional, information and marketing activities, and to analyse business processes, perform satisfaction surveys and market research, and carry out direct marketing.
- We may share your personal data with other companies and with other suppliers or partners that we have to provide services to or process data on our behalf, when the publication of these data is required by law or other situations allowed by law.
- Any communication with RSD implies your consent for the processing and transfer of your personal data to other companies and with other suppliers or partners that we hire to provide services or to process data on our behalf. Some of them are even in other jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area where they may not provide the same level of data protection as your country of origin.
- In accordance with current legislation, you are entitled to access your personal data, to correct, delete or eliminate data that are not correct, to object to, at any time and free of charge, the processing of your personal data for direct marketing, as well other rights in accordance with current law.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WILL BE COLLECTED BY RSD?
During our relationship with you, we may collect and process your personal data, like your name, address, phone, email and other contact information, and any other information associated with you that you may provide, in the following cases:
- Purchase or use of any of our products or/and services
- Registration to request information on a specific product or service or to contract or use it;
- Contacting us through any of the channels (phone, fax, email ...)
- Visiting or browsing our websites;
- Participating in a promotion, event, competition, survey, or any other marketing campaign that we organize;
- Attending any of the training sessions that we give, either in our premises or outside of them;
- Visiting our workplace.
Personal data that you provide us
We collect the following types of personal data in connection with the above cases:
- Your name, address and contact details (role/ position, telephone and fax numbers, and email address);
- Information from contact people, whether from your company or third parties (such as name, address, role/position, fax and phone numbers, and email address);
- Information in credentials such as passwords and user names to access our accounts and services;
- Financial and payment information, like banking data, invoices and payment conditions, as well as any personal information to properly process and complete the billing information;
- Tax identification number if you request products or services that require such information;
- Answers provided in surveys;
We will not collect or process information about minors or information that could be classified as more sensitive: health, sexual orientation, trade union membership, religion or race.
Personal data collected by automated means
If you visit our websites or use our services, subject to prior approval in accordance with the law, we may collect personal data without you actively providing such information, by automated means, through the use of technologies like cookies, web server records, visitor counters and similar technologies such as those indicated below.
The types of personal data that we may collect through your visits to the websites or the use of the services, under current law, and, where necessary, subject to your express consent, are the following:
- The date and time of the visit, reference address (location from which a person visits the websites);
- Type of Internet browser, operating system and device details;
- The IP address of the visitor (a specific number that is attached to any computer connected to the Internet for identification);
- Internet session data traffic when you visit our websites, including volume of the Internet session data;
Personal data collected by third parties
RSD may also receive information on clients from other sources, including third parties from which we have acquired information, and include it with the data we already have on you; and insofar as we have legal reasons to do so. These include fraud prevention agencies, credit checking agencies; or third party companies to which you have given your permission to share your information with us.
4. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
RSD shall use your personal data for the purposes indicated below according to your express consent or according to the need to process your personal data for our legitimate interests, under the provisions in Article 9,2(a) and (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU ) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”):
To provide information on our products or services;
- Maintain a business relationship, manage all communications about our products or services (management of the account, offers, orders, invoices, payments, claims, etc.) and provide customer service or technical support, as long as a mutual interest exists for this.
- Manage and provide shipment, delivery, installation, maintenance or after sales services;
- Manage accounting and taxes;
- Administer, manage, maintain and improve the website and our services;
- To improve and innovate our products and services, we collect information anonymously, not associated with their owners and added to improve the service;
- Respond to requests from administrative or judicial authorities;
- Comply with current laws and regulations.
It is necessary to provide personal data for these purposes, otherwise RSD will not be able manage the contract with you or meet its contractual and legal obligations.
Subject to your approval when required by law, we may also use your personal data to:
- Continue to improve the operation of our website;
- Count the people visiting our websites, where they come from, when they visit, how long they remain and what pages are accessed;
- Remember their activity on our website to obtain information on products and services that may be of interest to them and assess the functioning of our advertising;
- Find out details about the browser, operating system and the device used to guarantee a good online experience when you access our website;
- Audit the use of the websites;
- Market and improve the services that we offer;
- Carry out promotional campaigns, surveys and other commercial activities in accordance with the following section, "How do we use your personal data for commercial purposes?"
- Inform you about other offers and discounts;
- Inform you about any relevant information about the products or services purchased.
- Know how the products and services are used to develop improved and updated versions;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis, like follow-up of how clients use our network and our products and services, anonymously or company by company;
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes, recover debts or find those that owe us money;
It is entirely optional to provide personal data for commercial purposes, and as such if you object to this it will not affect the performance of any contract by RSD.
To offer you a better experience and improve the quality of our services, insofar as it is permitted under current law, we may use the information that you send us, along with other information that we may receive from you, from third parties, or along with other public demographic data.
In addition, we collect information from people visiting our websites, which helps us to improve the websites and the services that we provide. We know, for example, how many people visit each website, when they visited, for how long and what sections of the website they accessed. We may share this information with any of our partners or distributors.
5. WHY AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In accordance with our policy we will not in any way provide, sell or distribute the personal data that we collect from third parties unrelated to RSD, except when necessary under your express consent or when necessary in accordance with current legislation. As such, we share personal data with the recipients listed below.
- RSD’s services partners /Collaborators. RSD ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS SL may share your personal data with other companies with which there is a collaborative relationship for some services offered by RSD for the purposes specified in the previous section "How do we use your personal data?"
- RSD's commercial partners and distributors. Agents involved in distributing, installing or maintaining the products or services that you use or have requested.
- External service providers. Your personal data may be shared with external service providers, acting on our behalf, in connection with the management and provision of services, data analysis, finance, accounting or other administrative services and computer support. These external service providers may only access and use personal data on our behalf and according to our orders, and are subject to the corresponding security obligations.
- Other recipients of the information. For the above purposes or when otherwise indicated by current law, it is possible that we may need to make personal data available to third parties such as advisers, banks and financial institutions, professionals, independent consultants, investors and/or potential or existing buyers (in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale involving RSD, or as part of a corporate reorganization, sale of shares or other changes in the corporate control), regulatory and/or administrative authorities, courts, police authorities.
They include (among others):
- Credit reference, fraud prevention or business classification agencies,
- Any other types of credit rating agencies; as well as the debt recovery agencies or any other type of agencies for recovering debts;
- Judges and courts, government bodies or other public authorities in case of legal obligation or authorisation;
- Third parties where a disclosure of this type is necessary to comply with the applicable law or other judicial or legal requirements;
- Third parties for joint promotions with this third party. These third parties will be responsible for all applicable privacy laws, in the event that you have given us your authorization; other third parties when you have given us your consent to disclose information for authentication purposes and fraud prevention.
RSD may provide information in response to requests made properly for prevention and detection of crime or fraud, and for the detention or prosecution of offenders, if legally required, such as under a court order or in response to lawsuits or administrative claims performed correctly.
In addition, RSD may provide information to protect national security. RSD shall in any case act in accordance with the current Data Protection Act.
We may share certain non-personal information with third parties, such as the way in which our clients use our services or websites. This information would be completely anonymous.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
During our contract with you or for the provision of our services or websites, we may share your personal information with commercial partners of RSD, or other recipients indicated in the section above, "Why and with whom do we share your personal data?", and which are located in and outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), including countries that do not provide the same level of personal data protection as in the EEA.
We will in any case only share personal data with recipients who provide a suitable level of data protection or as allowed under the current data protection laws, through the implementation of appropriate security measures, including, but not limited to.
7. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTED?
RSD has appropriate policies and technical and organizational indicators to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful access, accidental loss or destruction, damage, illegal or unauthorized use and publication.
All information you provide to us is stored in secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission or communication of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Thus, once we have received all your information, we will use strict security procedures to prevent unauthorized access.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We have a personal data retention policy, which we fulfil in accordance with the legal requirements and regulations.
In addition, we may keep your information during the time needed for RSD to achieve its legitimate commercial interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA ON THIRD PARTIES?
10. HOW CAN YOU UPDATE OR DELETE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In accordance with the current data protection laws, you are entitled to access the personal data that we have and to request the modification or elimination of any incorrect information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us as indicated in the following section, "What are your rights regarding data protection?"
If you request the deletion of your personal data, we may, for a limited period and in accordance with the current law, maintain some personal data to comply with legal obligations or for other corresponding purposes, such as legal retention obligations, to collect outstanding debts or resolve legal disputes.
When you request not to receive certain commercial offers, in accordance with the current data protection laws, this will be added to the corresponding internal elimination list (s) to ensure that your request is made correctly.
11. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES?
We may use your personal data for marketing, promotional and information activities and to perform analysis of business processes, satisfaction surveys or market research, and to carry out direct marketing in general, including the sending of notifications on website updates and information on our services you may be interested in, initiatives or events through email, phone, fax, SMS, MMS, social communities or any other electronic or physical means, present or future, which allow for commercial communications.
However, we will only do this in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR and before sending you information through these means and/or subject to the corresponding legal requirements. If you do not want to receive commercial information, please contact us as indicated in the following section, "What are your data protection rights?
12. WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
Below, we explain your data protection rights and how you can exercise them.
In accordance with the current data protection law, you are entitled to:
- ACCESS: to obtain confirmation of the existence of personal information and request a written copy of the above that RSD may have in its power;
- CORRECTION: to correct information stored about you if it is not accurate. If the information that we store needs updating, or if you think that it may be erroneous;
- DELETION: to block, remove or delete personal data that we have about you;
- PORTABILITY: to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly use format which can be electronically read to report them to another data controller;
- OBJECTION: to withdraw your consent when appropriate, without affecting the legality of the processing according to your consent before the cancellation; or alternatively to object to your data being used for commercial activities and other promotional activities, as indicated in the previous section, "How do we use your personal data for commercial purposes?" and
- LIMITATION: to restrict the processing we carry out in connection with your personal data.
- These rights may only be exercised in certain circumstances such as:
o When you report the inaccuracy of your personal data to us during the period that we need to verify their accuracy;
o When the processing is unlawful and you want us to delete your personal data;
o When you have objected to any processing that RSD performs based on legitimate interest, during the period that we need to verify that your right takes precedence over this interest;
o When RSD no longer needs your personal data for processing purposes, but you need them to make, exercise and defend claims;
- Submit a claim to a control authority (aepd.es), in particular in the Member State of your normal residence, place of work or place of the alleged violation, if you consider that the processing of your personal data is not in accordance with the current regulations.
If you want to exercise these rights, send a signed written application to RSD as indicated in the following section, "How can you get in contact with us?"
13. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU VISIT A WEBSITE THROUGH A LINK?
15. HOW CAN YOU GET IN CONTACT WITH US?
Send us an email to: email@example.com
Write to us, with a photocopy of your DNI (ID card) to: RSD Engineering Solutions SL, C/ FENOSA, 28, 08107 MARTORELLES (SPAIN)